Nappy Science Gang is a user-led citizen science project, which has been funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Royal Society for Chemistry. We are about to start a new project, funded by the Royal Society for Chemistry, called Apatite for Destruction. More background here.
We need a part-time assistant for the project. Could it be you? Our volunteers are great. It should be an exciting and fun project to work on. It’s a very innovative, user-led approach to public engagement and we should learn a lot.
- 1 day a fortnight
- For 6 months
- Starting 5th September
- Working remotely, with occasional travel (maybe one or two trips to Cardiff)
- We are a family-friendly project and if you have children or other caring responsibilities we will be extremely flexible in making sure any travel or work plans accommodate that.
- Line manager Sophia Collins
What we are looking for
- Chemistry background (if you know anything about hydroxyl apatite then so much the better).
- Very organised
- Experience with Facebook groups desirable
- Experience using WordPress desirable
- Writing skills
- Commitment to a two-way, democratising, vision of public engagement with science
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a SHORT covering email. In the email, please tell me two reasons I should consider you for the job, and one mistake you’ve made in life that you’ve learnt something from.
Closing date Friday 26th August.